Played it for some 20 minutes, cool game! I have some feedback (note: I played it in the browser):
What I liked:
- The economy. I liked being able to purchase potions and upgrading my character.
- The theme and scenery. It felt unique and coherent, I also enjoyed the more lighter theme in the upper levels (I stopped at level 4, reason stated below).
- The combat. Even though it's pretty bare bones it was still solid enough for me to enjoy it. It was easy to learn and fun to use, especially when you introduce the mana system to increase the skill level.
What I think can be improved upon:
- Make it possible to name my character.
- There's no shadow under the player, but there is one on all the other characters.
- Right clicking (special move) with 0 mana left produces several beeping sounds, which can get annoying and confusing because you're not doing that action when the last beeps are heard. Perhaps only use 3 short beeps or lower it to 1 more distinct beep and/or display something on the screen (down in a corner or something).
- Hitting n (n > 1) barrels at the same time produces the same sound effect n times at the same time, perhaps play the sound only 1 time independent of how many barrels are hit (it can get very loud otherwise).
- Where do I see my ores?
- Save level progression, otherwise I can just go back and forth to farm chests and gold.
Bugs I found (again, note that I was playing in the browser):
- I can't progress further as I'm stuck on the "Talk To Samuel" quest. Samuel tells me to speak to the crimson guard, but when I speak to him nothing happens except the normal escort popup is displayed.
- Go to any level outside the camp -> Get escorted back -> Choose escort back to camp again. This causes "Visit last location" to disappear.
I liked the game! :) I think it has an interesting concept with fun game mechanics. Good work!